slide show

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack!

Congratulations to me! I've won an all expenses paid luxury vacation, including three meals a day, private concierge and spacious private suite! Translation: I'm back in the hospital eating three crummy diabetic meals a day, being poked by nurses all day. But I do have a private room with a view of something other than parking lot, which is better than nothing.

At yesterday's checkup I had made further progress, and this morning we found out that my swab test came back positive (meaning 30% chance I go into labor in the next two weeks). Combined with how far along I am - 28 weeks and 5 days - the doc decided it was time for me to check in. There isn't any imminent fear of problems or delivery, but I'm borderline on several things, and she can monitor me much more closely here than at home. They check the babies' heartbeats twice a day, blood sugar four times a day, blood pressure several times a day, and I'll get ultrasounds twice a week.

The doctor ruled that there was some....pilot error you could say.....with the hospital ultrasound that caused the trip to St. Louis. Because of that, she has demanded that they wheel me over to her office, which is connected to the hospital, so that my regular girl Teri can do all my ultrasounds. That should eliminate any unnecessary worries, hopefully.

I'm not having contractions or any pain yet, just the usual aches and pains that come along with being "44" weeks pregnant. I've also had a lot of questions about my weight gain thus far - 30 pounds, which is pretty good. Hopefully I'll stay on track and be able to make it another few weeks, but anything is possible. The doctor doesn't have anything specific in mind for a goal, I think she'd like to see 31 weeks, but we'll see what happens. I'm laying almost flat as much as I can stand it and following all my rules religiously to keep the little goobers in for as long as possible.

I'll continue to provide updates although they will probably get more and more boring as my hospital stay goes on. But who knows, there could be lots of excitement to come very soon. It's crazy to think that I'm staying here until the babies are born. I won't be in my house again while I'm pregnant! Holy cow, does anyone realize that I'm having THREE BABIES?!?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I really hope you didn't just realize there are three babies in there....why do you think the rest of us have been looking at you funny this whole time :) Chris

    ReplyDelete