slide show

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Home Sweet Home





Today was the greatest day ever. We brought Delia home, and now our family is complete and together. I'm sitting right now with Michael sprawled across me, Ben in the bouncy seat and Delia in the swing. It's been insane but amazing since we got home. Everything I dreamed it would be and more.

Great Grandma McD and CGAM were our first visitors, followed shortly after by Gran and Papa Ben, and then cousins Shannon, Irelyn and Tristen. It was a madhouse as the ladies tried to help me put away junk from the hospital and clean up dishes and laundry and we tried to get all the babies taken care of. I kind of felt like I was in a tornado, but somehow I was totally calm and happy and glad to be there. There was just so much love there, support for us and elation that everyone is finally healthy enough to be home with us.

While it was joyous to leave the hospital today, it was also bittersweet to leave our second family behind. We became so very close to our nurses and doctors; we saw them more than our own family at times. They cared for our babies and for us, and it's the end of a major chapter in our lives to be leaving. I bawled like a baby when I pushed that stroller through the front doors, it was one of the most incredible feelings I've ever experienced. Somehow it was like watching them be born all over again. In a way they were reborn today, as regular old kids leaving to go home with mom and dad. So very awesome.

I'll post more pics soon and have lots of stories to tell no doubt. Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who has supported us thus far. We couldn"t do it without your help!

5 comments:

  1. This is just so wonderful!!! I am so happy that those little babes are all home where they belong. Enjoy every last moment, and try to sneak in a nap or two - though I have no idea how you'd begin to do that with triplets!!! Congrats Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so thrilled for you and Ethan. I can't wait to see them and give you a big hug. Congratulations on a major step!

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth that is so exciting to have all 3 of them home with you!! Be sure to take your own advice and stay in the slow lane for a while. They really do grow up so fast! Enjoy every second of them because they will be 3 with their own attitude/personality before you know and then the real fun begins!!
    Best wishes,
    Emily
    Louisville Branch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you guys. If anyone I know is mentally and emotionally equipped to handle the whirlwind of triplets, it's you. Much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. I just can't believe it. I hope I get to see you guys very very soon. Call me when you get a minute so we can work that out. Perhaps sometime the week of November 8? Just one idea. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete