slide show

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

42 pounds and counting!

Yes that's right, I have lost 42 pounds in the last 18 days. Hooray for me, another 6 to go before I'm back at pre-pregnancy weight. Now if only I was anywhere close to pre-pregnancy SIZE. I guess I should give myself a little bit more time to get there.

I'm doing very well and the doctor gave me the thumbs up to drive today. The incision is almost completely healed and I'm down to almost no pain meds. I think I'll probably "check out" of the hospital sometime later this week and start living at home again. After all, I haven't slept in my own bed since July 11. I haven't driven a car since June 9, my last doctor appt. before I got put on bedrest, so that will be pretty exciting. Thrilling life I live isn't it?

The babies continue to make slow but steady progress. Delia took a bottle today for the first time and did extremely well with it. She drank almost a fourth of it before she fell asleep. The therapist was very impressed that she stopped to breathe between swallows, as most preemies take a while to learn how to suck, swallow and breathe. We'll keep working with her at every feeding that she wakes up for and the boys will probably be right behind her.

Ben had a small setback today and had to get his oxygen back, but they can't find anything wrong with him. It could be some reflux in his tummy, or his lungs might not be strong enough yet to breathe as deep as he needs to, and his energy might have just run out. They'll retest everything tomorrow to be sure and then start weaning him off of it again. This is very common for preemies so the doctor isn't very concerned, just watching to be sure nothing else develops.

And of course the ever exciting weight updates:

Ben: 4 lb 2 oz
Delia: 4 lb 3 oz
Mike: 3 lb 14 oz

2 comments:

  1. I think what amazes me so much is how much they grow in such a short period of time! I mean, everyone has gained at least 4 oz since Saturday!! I love the updates Beth!

    Much love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Michael! You can do it! Eat eat eat! You gotta at least get as big as your sister! But don't worry, my boyfriend was tiny til he was in high school, then he hit a growth spurt :) <3 XOXOXO to all of you, Aunt Justine

    ReplyDelete